Wednesday, March 27, 2013

QC&H: Veggie Chips

Today, I saw on pinterest to make chips out of veggies like carrots and cucumbers. Well, I had produce that was quickly going bad. I had to do something with them. I love salty snacks such as chips and other snacks like that. So What the hay. Why not give it a try.


  1. I already had cucumbers cut up in a dish from earlier this week. I laid them out on a cookie sheet and brushed on a little bit of vegetable oil on both sides. I then put them in the oven for 10 minutes at 350. Then 5 minutes on broil. 
  2. I then took them out of the oven and flipped them over. I sprinkled garlic salt over them and put them back into the oven for 15 minutes on 350 degrees. 
  3. When I pulled them out of the oven I flipped them over and let them cool. I think they taste really good. I hope they dry out more and they become more crunchy. 

I followed the same steps with the carrots. Instead of using the brush with the carrots, I threw them in a bowl with oil and garlic salt. Then put them on a cookie sheet and bake the same as the cucumbers. 








Don't they look good! (:


This is a great alternative to snacking on chips and other fatty foods. I love these pinterest meals and snacks. They make eating healthy easier and some of them are kind of fun to see how they will turn out. I like eating some of them and most of them turn out pretty good.

And! for an even better plus, Sean likes the carrots a lot. "if we kept this stuff around, I would be set." Welp, Sean said it best.


Also!

A bag of carrots cost.. 1.66 at walmart.
A Cucumber costs ... .78!

So you can't go wrong because it is so much cheaper than a bag of chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10