Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 1 Results

Week 1: This was a stressful week because I knew I had drill on Saturday and I just wanted the weight gone. It is so frustrating to listen to my cadre call me fat because I'm over military weight requirement.

Workouts: I bought a $3 workout video at Walmart a while back and I had never tried it. Today was a good day to try it since I am still avoiding wearing shoes when I don't have to. (I also can't swim. dumb tattoo..)

P90X: I tried the first part of a couple of the videos to see what they are like, they sound great for when I have the time.


I did take Rocco on a walk one day for 2 miles, but with the snow, I wasn't too excited about that.
Saturday and Sunday I did have drill, which means I ran every where I went and worked out a ton.

After drill, I also decided that I need to work on my sit ups and push ups as well as losing weight. 

So I rethought my original workout plans and decided that I would be changing it since I can't swim right now.



1 day a week I will walk Rocco (my pain in a butt dog) (for at least an hour, or go run and play 
       with him at the dog park.)
2 days a week I will do workout videos that I find either online or that I already own
2 days a week I will weight lift
6 days a week I will do 3 reps of increasing sit-ups and push ups.
1 day a week I will rest.

     Yes, some days I will do more than one workout. I would like to combine cardio with weight lifting because you are said to get better results, but we'll see.

    For right now, I am going to do a workout in the morning, and then a short quick ab or leg workout when I get off work/ before bed. (On the days I don't do two of the workouts.)

Water: I took on of the water bottles I already had and marked it to monitor how much water I actually drink in an hour. It is marked for in hour increments between 7am and 10pm, and for every hour there are 8 oz. In one day I should ultimately be drinking 4 of these bottles.




























All of the writing on the water bottles ended up coming off, but that water bottle is still a great jug to carry with me.



I am now sitting at 153. 

I wish it could have been lower when I weighed in this morning, but that's fine. Some progress is better than none. I have 6 weeks until my next drill weekend, so I really want to try to get in way better shape for my next drill.

This week I have been eating string cheese and apples for snacks, but I want to get into yogurts and other simple snacks like that. Work makes it really hard to snack when I have to be on the floor all the time, but it is getting easier to be motivated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10