Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Weight Loss

       I know how much of a dreaded topic this is, but I have been trying so hard to work on it and lose weight. Over Christmas and now that I am out of school and my parents house, I have been focusing more on eating cheap than eating healthy. Well, since I graduated high school, I have gained 10 pounds. My military cadre isn't happy about that and I have drill on Saturday. UGH! I know I am not the only one out there who struggles with losing weight or being healthy, but I need to write this post so I can put it out there, because let's face it. Losing weight is next to impossible to do when you are trying to hide it from everyone else.



Goal weight: 130
Current weight: 155.
Weight to lose: 25 lbs. 
When: March 18th, 2013
(The day of my graduation party and the 5k 
race my mom and I are doing together)

 There. Now everyone can see what I have to go for.


      Okay. So from the time I was young, I always weighed a little bit more than most of the people in my class. I was always a little heavier. It never really bothered me until about my freshman year. I am sick of hiding it. 


Here is how I'm going to do it:

Eat breakfast. 
That is the most over stated diet tip EVER, but whether it helps a lot or not weight wise, it does help you stay focused until meals. 

Snack.
6 small meals a day. I will find pinterest snacks that I can make at home. Other snacks to include: Peanuts, Yogurt, String Cheese, and Produce

Workout:
I will run 3 times a week (whether at the Y or when it warms up), I will swim (at the y) at least 2 times a week (After my tattoo is healed). And I will weight lift at least two times a week. But I will have one day off a week from working out. 

Rewards:
I saw this on a blog today. 
For the weight you lose, you create rewards. As you get closer to your goal weight, the rewards go up in price until you hit your goal weight.

My rewards/ Weights:

150- New $5 Movie
145- Night out to the movies (With Sean of course)
140- New Zumba Video/Game
135- Hair professionally dyed/ eye brows done
130-1 full new outfit

Pinterest:
Some detox things on pinterest make me wonder if they really work, so I will try them, but only if I feel like they might actually work.

Low Carb ( PROCESSED CARBS)
    Out of all of the diets/health styles I have ever tried, Low carbs proved to show great results. (Other than me being a vegetarian, but I couldn't do that again). In the next few weeks I will spend my time looking over low carb websites and cook books. I am going to put together a cookbook file for anyone interested in downloading/printing themselves. With this I want to create an entire cookbook so I won't go back to the easy meals that I already know. If I already have a book of recipes waiting for me, I can slowly implement them. This way I won't have to spend hours searching for recipes while trying to plan out groceries.
   My goal is to eventually ease into a clean eating diet. I am being realistic by saying that your taste buds aren't going to change over night. I am going to ease Sean and I into it, but I want it to become a lifestyle.



     I will try to do a weekly post about what I have been doing and records of my weekly weigh in.., but I am always looking for tips. My goal is to change the way Sean and I eat, so when (A LOONGG time from now) we have kids, our kids won't have to face the struggle. I want our kids to be active and healthy like I was when I was younger, but I truly hope they never face this like Sean and I both have. My ultimate goal is to completely retrain our taste buds into wanting healthy food, but the sooner we get out of McDonald's, the better for our health. 

    Now, I know I am not the fattest person ever. But I am SICK of being fat, and I am sick of hating to wear dresses/shorts because I don't like the way I look. My goal is that when I leave for AIT, I will be in the best shape of my life. I am sick of always coming back to trying to find ways to lose weight right before drill. I simply don't want to have to worry about stepping on the scale every day.



This is me. I AM going to change and I am going to be different.







No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10