Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Day 15 of Happiness!

I can not believe that I am half way through the first month of happiness.  I feel great. I have had some days of doing very good with all of my resolutions and I have had some days that I completely ignored all of it.

I have downloaded a pedometer app on my phone that DRAINS my battery. Every time I turn around I am plugging my phone into my charger. But I am surprised at the amount of activity I do on some days compared to others.

Mondays are the days that I walk the most. 
Sundays are the days that I walk the least (at least so far) 

  The app keeps track of how long I am active for as well as the average calories that would be burned during that time. On the last two Mondays, I was averaging 130 minutes of active time, whereas on Sunday I was only averaging about a half an hour.. Sad. (I do think I had slight malfunctions on Sunday with the app as well.)
   On the days that I run, I usually have about 5000 extra steps compared to the days that I don't, and I definitely feel better when I do. (Mega Plus) If I don't run, I try to take the long way to where ever I am going on campus. 

I have eaten more servings of fruits and vegetables in the last 15 days than I think I have in the last 18 years. Also sad. I find myself craving an apple or an orange. I had a plum in the dining hall one day. I've eaten watermelon with a couple meals, and fresh blueberries. YUM.
   Matt and I went on a date last Friday night and I definitely felt sick as I ate my first bites of supper. Only 3 days of eating really healthy and I thought I was going to be sick. Awesome, but a huge road block for a fun date. 
    I feel so great when I eat healthy and it is definitely making me happier and more easy going as I am feeling the results of weight loss and not feeling as bloated after I eat. 


I started off with a bed time routine of shutting my phone off and reading for 15 minutes before bed, but that quickly went out the window as impossible to follow and not realistic to continue at home. At home, I pretty much crash when I am ready. 
Call us cheesy, but when I am at the dorms, Matt and I usually fall asleep on the phone together. Yeah. Make fun now, but I think its cute and I quickly realized that I now am used to falling asleep talking to him, so it is really weird to fall asleep without him. After I do fall asleep, I don't look at my phone at all in the middle of the night. I used to check it for the time, but I have put my iHome in my dorm so I always have the time without checking my phone. GREAT! (:

I have tried to run everyday, but there are some days that I choose to do other workouts that have been suggested by the people in my unit, but that are also accumulating on my pinterest boards.
One of the workouts that I have done with my unit was a High Intensity Interval Training which incorporated 20 seconds of an exercise and 10 seconds to move to the next station. Sounds easy. Right.
   You would be surprised at how much I was sweating as well as how sore I was afterwards.


So here is the honesty. I failed my PT test and height weight at drill this weekend. That really made me struggle to continue with my happiness project after that one. I struggled and I spent a lot of time thinking about it.

   When I sat down with my commander after I found out that I failed height weight, he wanted me to create an action plan to follow to get my body fat percentage and my weight down. Awesome..
  I told him everything that I had been doing for my happiness project this month and told him that I would be ready for it at May drill. I am gonna pass both h/w and my pt test at May drill. Sitting down with him to create the action plan was exactly the determination that I needed to continue with my happiness project. I am hoping that it will help.
   I have made a calendar that is posted on my board behind my desk with my stickers. For each goal that I have, there is a different sticker color. So when I complete that goal for the day, I put that color sticker on my calendar to show the good days and bad days.



So am I happier? It is far too soon to tell, but I can tell that working out and eating right down make me feel better overall!

So my question for the day...

What is your favorite way to burn some calories and get some exercise in (whether you consider it exercise or not)


Let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10