Monday, April 7, 2014

Here is the South African Plan

Think back to early elementary school. Probably your social studies class very very early in Social Studies when you learned about the equator, the different hemispheres, and the different climates of these hemispheres.

Remember that moment when your teacher said that opposite hemispheres have opposite seasons. I don't. Well. I had a flashback during my South Africa Itinerary meeting today. It was like on an episode of That's So Raven from when I was young, when she has a "vision" and all time stops.

When I go to South Africa, It will be winter and it will be cold. I can start returning all of the dresses that I have purchased for the trip in the last week. Oops.

Oh well, the dresses will be there when I get back, I suppose.

We will be gone for 16 days. We will have 6 "class periods" 3 volunteering days. Go on a Safari, a cable car, a hike, a beach, see the seals, have dinner in nice restaurants, having dinner on the waterfront, go to plays, and "clubs," go on a wine tasting, visit Robben Island which is home of the Prison where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned, stay with a South African Family, go to the archives, read 4 books and write a 8-12 page paper. And somewhere in there we will be going shopping, museums, and the night life.

Holy Cow. Deep Breath.

I can do this. I'm a college kid. I don't need sleep.

All of these things sound like so much fun and the trip will be great. I met 4 of the 5 other people that I am going on the trip with tonight and they all seem great. My roommate for the hotel is 24, so there will be plenty of knowledge to here from her. Excited that everything is starting to fall together.

Thank you for everyone who has donated towards my trip. I wouldn't know what to do without each and every one of you.

Bring on the fun loving, tourist, photographer that I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10