Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Bucket List Number Two

If there is one thing that came from all of last year, it's that life is too short. WAY too short.

When my grandpa was in his last few days of life, he pulled me aside and told me not to work too hard, because life goes by way too fast and you won't be able to do all the things that you want to do in life. He told me that there were a lot of things that he wished he had time for.

After he passed away, I made myself promise that I would do as many things as I could, without worry about cost (to an extent), time, or other people's worries. I have made a long bucket list of all of the things I want to do before I graduate college and have been slowly crossing things off this year. I have crossed off Colorado, Arizona, and Wyoming as places that I have traveled to. I crossed off volunteering in an animal shelter, because we did that on spring break. Today, I crossed off making homemade ice cream with my mentor. One step at a time, I have been crossing things off. I have been working on reading my entire library, but the problem is that it just keeps getting bigger.

All of these things I do in my grandpa's memory.

Okay. Mom, wipe your tears from your eyes and continue on..

I wrote a bucket list last summer while I was at AIT, but I quickly finding myself thinking of so many other things that I want to add to it. (If you haven't read the first list, it is right here.)
Now, this isn't really a bucket list.. its more like.. a Degree list. all the things I want to do before I graduate college and start to settle down.









So here are the additional things that I want to do:

Write a book
Max my PT test
Make play-doh
Make thank you cards for my professors
Spend a day at the lake
Go to the Zoo
Take a paddle boat ride
Go hiking
Take a nap in the grass
Donate Plasma
Put messages in balloons and release them
Watch all of How I Met Your Mother
Create an awesome smash journal
Go for a midnight swim
Skinny Dipping (just to say I did)
Jump in a pool fully clothed (Like in the movies)
Learn to play a song on the piano/ or guitar
Go on a cruise
Spend an afternoon in a hammock
Bake in the middle of the night with someone special
Go to a spa
Get a professional massage.
Get my nails done with my mom
Play messy twister
Fill water guns with paint and have a "water fight"
Try authentic food from another country  South Africa!
Work from home.
Go to a drive in movie.
Stand under a waterfall
Play paintball
Kiss at the top of a ferris wheel
See the Grand Canyon
Make my own dress for an event/party
Pay off my student loans
Sleep in front of the Christmas tree
Decorate my home office with quotes and lyrics
Take a train somewhere
Learn how to solve the bottom of a Rubik's Cube
Go on a Safari  May 23 and 24th: SOUTH AFRICA!
Drive across the entire country
Eat Fried Oreos
Eat 3 things on a stick in one day (State fair, here I come!)
Randomly pay someone's restaurant bill


There are so many other things that I want to do with my life, but I want to accomplish as many things as possible before I graduate, so I can start settling down and marking things off on my future husband and kids bucket lists.

So the question for the day is...

What is the thing that you look forward the most to doing on your bucket list?

Let me know!






No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10