Sunday, June 30, 2013

This Week Flew By!

Holy cow! It seems like just yesterday I was writing a post for all of you. This week has gone by so fast!!

This week we had two of our really hard classes that make or break graduation.
The first one is Hazmat Awareness. It is about the different types of Hazardous Material and how to identify them. I got 100%, which was super cool.

The second one was Hazmat Operations. This blew my mind. Think.. AP Chem, mixed with automotive. It was all about the trucking and transportation of hazardous material as well as what someone at the Operations level is allowed to do in case of a hazmat emergency. It was 83 pages of solid information.. and my flashcards are about as thick as a 400 page book.. My mind was so shot when I left that class on Friday.







That test is tomorrow.. so be praying for me (: I think I am going to do okay on it, but I don't think I will be making any 100% again.

I am trying really hard for honor grad, but I am not sure that I will be able to get it with my PT score. But academics are where I want to score the highest.  That is my strong point, and PT is slowly getting better..

I can't believe how much I feel like I am back in high school. Or maybe like college. Workout, Shower, Eat, Class all day, Back to the barracks, Eat, Shower, Study, Bed. That pretty much sums up my life.

We has ASU inspections Saturday. They said we needed to get ours dry cleaned and polish up our badges. I found out that I get two ribbons for my ASU's
When I graduate from AIT I will have these two ribbons placed on my ASUs (: They are so pretty. I will also be receiving my unit patch to go on my arm of my ACUs.
The rainbow one, everyone receives. It is just for completing Basic and AIT. The other one is for enlisting during a time of war. Everyone who has enlisted since 9/11 has this ribbon on their uniform. It is so cool. I love the officers that have so many ribbons on theirs.
 Army Service Ribbon consisting of striped red, orange, yellow, green and blue. National Defense Service Medal Ribbon


Well, today is my study and cleaning day because I have that major test tomorrow and I have so much to study for. I am hoping to get a 95% or higher.. but I'm not sure. In the other platoon there were 25 out of 40 people who failed it..
But I can't fail it.. if I fail I will most likely be here for the week after graduation retaking the class in order to retake the test. I cannot do that. I start classes the following monday after I get back.

After I take this test and my pt test (which is wednesday) everything will be down hill easy from here. Everything else is open note/open book tests or hands on training. Everything else is going to be easy after I get these few requirements done.
Right now I have a 98.8% average on my tests. I am wanting to finish everything with a 97% or higher.. Woo! Its a good goal, I just gotta really study and pay attention/take good notes.

I only have 50 days left til I will be home, Thank God! I cannot wait to be back home and with my family and friends. I hate being gone in the summer when everyone is going out and hanging at the pool or doing other fun stuff.

Some of my friends and I talked about going to the pool over the 4th of July weekend because we have the 4, 5, 6, and 7th off of training. We are pretty much just hanging out. Some of us talked about having a cook out/ barbecue, but that is still unsure if that will happen. I am excited! Time is flying by so fast now ans soon I will be home and starting an entirely new chapter in my life.

Thank you for everyone who is so supportive of me even from so far away. (: it means a lot to me.

I am still waiting on some emails. Let me know what has been going on. (I don't even have the time to check the news most days. So Please fill me in on all of the crazy stuff happening.
Elylyons2013@gmail.com. Thank you!! (: Or you can just message me on facebook.

(: Until Next Weekend (:

Thank you everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10