Friday, February 1, 2013

It's Just Me

     Okay, first blog post and I am slightly unsure of what I am all going to write about and how much to write. So I am going to wing this and we'll see.
      First off, I am Elyse. I graduated from Beatrice High School a couple months ago, moved out of my parents house and I am now trying everything I can to save some money. My parents were really great when it came to getting me the things that I needed, so money was never really an object for me until I moved out. I got my first job when I was 15 waiting tables at the Kensington. Things didn't really work out there, so I got a job at McDonald's.
     Yup.. I know what most are thinking YUCK.., but when you are young, a job is a job. I have worked there for over 2 years now and will continue to work there until I leave for college. I have moved up to "Crew Chief" at McDonald's, which means I am in kind of in charge of making sure things get done the correct way around the store when I am there and the manager on the shift is not right there. Most of our managers are pretty great, but I enjoy being able to help out when they have other things to get done or they are in another area of the store.
      I also have another job. I am an American Soldier, part time. During my junior year in high school I decided that I wanted to join the National Guard. In March of 2012, I enlisted and on August 10, 2012, I graduated from Basic Combat Training. I was overwhelming with joy. But now, not only am I trying to save money in every possible way, I am also trying to stay in tip top shape for when I leave for training again in May.


This is me after my graduation from Ft. Sill, Oklahoma. I kind of miss it because I had quite a few good friends there, but I am also extremely glad to be home.




        This is my boyfriend and I before we left Oklahoma. He and his best friend drove all the way down there to see me graduate. (:  Sean and I have been together for just under a year and a half. We have gone through a ton of stuff together, but he cooks so I think I will keep him (:  Kidding, He is really great and we have a lot of fun just spending time together.
      He works days and I work nights so a lot of my time is spent at home working on cleaning, cooking, or Pinterest. There is my reason for starting this blog. It is something to do.

Well that is pretty much all about who I am. There will be more posts to follow this week. I am going to try to do one every day, but weekends get crazy, so there are no promises that I will write on Saturdays or Sundays. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!! So mature for your age! And it makes me want to come visit your McDonalds to see you in action! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. Thanks. I am excited to be outta the fast food business. Contrary to popular believe the general public can be slightly rude when you are handing them their food.. (:

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10