Sunday, July 28, 2013

3 weeks til I get Home!

Holy cow! I am so excited. I have 21 days and a wake up left. I passed my PT test, I'm done with academic tests. I have a 96% average on my tests. I am ready to be at home.

We have been doing a lot of simple stuff to finish up the week. Last week, we finished up CBRN Room Operations and Rad. We started decontamination and this week we have CDTF (which is a live nerve agent chamber. It is going to be a crazy week.

The week after that we will have our field training exercise and after we get back we will be out processing to graduate and come home!! I ended up getting a 215 on my PT test, which is a lot better than I thought I was going to do. After doing PT two times a day for 3 weeks, I am glad that I passed. Now I am pretty much done and we just have a couple things to finish up on..

I am so ready to be home.. Being away from home really makes me realize what I have. It makes me think a lot. I haven't ever had to worry about my parents finances, my neighborhood or walking to school. I have never had to worry about any of these things because Beatrice, Nebraska is safe. There is no shootings on the street, there are job opportunities for us and I have received a good education from our public school system. I am thankful for everything my parents have given me and all of the knowledge they have set me up with.

I am thankful that I am going into college knowing what I want to do and where I want to be in life. As soon as I get home, I want to go thru the training in order to become a teammates mentor. I want to help someone and become their friend. I would love to have a little girl to show her how to respect herself as a woman as my mother taught me. I see some of my battle buddies here that don't have pride in being a female. Or they think they need a male to make them complete. It kinda makes me sad to know that they didn't have a strong female role model as I did.

Things like these are the reasons that I am so thankful for the environment that I grew up in. I am ready to come home and start college. I am so ready to be with all of my family and friends.

I miss you Mom, Dad, Luke, and Sean. Thank you for all of the support you have given me through all of this.

Thank you to everyone else who has supported me and my family through the long months of me being away from home.

I can't wait to see all of you soon.
Until later (:


The pictures are things that keep me sane through these crazy days here. I am ready to be home. (The fortune was from my lunch today (: ) And thanks Olson, (If you read this) for helping me realize that not everything is about everyone else. Sometimes I just gotta do what I want to do. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10