Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Finger- Licking Crock-pot Chicken Wings

My very first Tasty Tuesday! I am so excited to have finally started a daily blog plan! I hope this starts to bring more readers to the page! Please, share your favorite posts with your families and friends!

This week we have had a lot of cooking in days! I have been so excited to finally have a kitchen again that I never want to go out for supper anymore. I have started making some more recipes and enjoying the cooking again!


I couldn't really find a recipe that fit how I wanted to make them. I didn't want a bunch of extra ingredients and I really didn't want to have to turn the oven on, but I couldn't find a recipe for wings that you just put in the crock-pot without baking them first. It gets so hot in our apartment during the day anyway because we are on the 3rd floor and we have a huge glass sliding door that makes up most of our light in the living room. I decided that I would experiment with the wings, and if the didn't turn out then we could always order Chinese.





First, I gathered up the ingredients:
Crock-pot
Chicken wings
1/2 bottle of barbecue sauce


Then, I put just the wings in the crock-pot for two hours to let them bake
I stirred them around halfway through.


There was a lot of chicken broth in the bottom of the crock-pot after they were cooked all the way through, so I drained a little over 3/4 of it out. 


Then I dumped about 1/4 of a bottle over the chicken wings and put them on low for another hour.



About 10 minutes before serving, I dumped the rest of the sauce onto the wings and stirred them around a little bit! They turned out great!
They got a thumbs up from my boyfriend and his friend. (Both in their 20's!)



These do take a little commitment to be around the crock-pot. They aren't as much of a put in and forget! But they are a great summer food to cook up without cooking up the house and everyone in it! Going to be great for game day in the fall!














No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10