Thursday, February 28, 2013

Rest of the Trip

     Hey! So, I had every good intention of writing every day while I was on vacation. I figured it would be a perfect time to get stuff done since I didn't have to worry about working or laundry, but there was just so much to do on vacation that it just didn't get done. So here is our trip. (:

Day Two was pretty boring. well boring meaning relaxing. We laid around the hotel room all morning. (Ate our free hot breakfast WAFFLES! at the hotel.) Then for lunch we headed over to Bob Evans Restaurant right by our hotel.  Zach and Nick were at the hotel at 5:30 with plans for supper and to show us the town.
    For supper we went to Hibachi Grill, which is really similar to Hu-Hot, but it has a buffet as well. I tried Sushi for the first time.. well.. a Nibbble.. Not really that great. Then we drove around and saw Cincinnati. We went to the mall and then came back to the hotel to sit around and talk. Nothing to exciting, but we did spend a good amount of time in the Jacuzzi in our room. (: I WANT ONE!d


DAY THREE!

    We ate our waffles and cereal and then laid around the hotel room. Then we went swimming in the hotel for a great workout and then I tried the fitness room. Hotel gyms are my least favorite place to work out. (EVER!)

    After a while we got out, and went to shower and get ready. We decided to go to the Newport Aquarium. It was totally worth the ticket price. It was filled with fish, jellyfish, sharks, otters, penguins, sting rays, crocodiles, alligators, frogs, birds, snakes, turtles, and crabs. It was very worth it.
There are plenty of pictures to share.

I shall call him squishy.

Sean and I with the Sharkies! (:
Sean TICKLING a shark!


I honestly don't know what it is, but it's cool.


Happy Feet! (:




The Sharks were my favorite.
Sean called this thing Fat. How Rude!
Holy Cow I'm Short.
Bottom of Frog




Sting Ray. 
It's SMILING (:
Sean had a staring contest with this one. 



Sea Turtle Sayin' Hi. 
















Me with the Jelly Fish! (:


I remember when Beatrice had the
Candy Bin my mom and I would go
get these every once in a while.
So I had to get some (:


Soooo. After the aquarium we went around the corner to the candy store. 

LOOK AT THE CANDY!














This was the view from beside the aquarium. It was way more breathtaking in person than the picture.
But HOW COOL!
Why don't we have this in Beatrice!! *Pouting face here*



     Well, when we got back to the hotel we got ready and laid around for a little bit. Tonight is the whole reason I wanted to come out here. I was getting my tattoo. Sean was getting a tattoo. and my brothers were going with.
        If you are thinking about getting a foot tattoo.. think again. My entire leg was shaking uncontrollably the entire time he had the needle to my foot.


    Mine is to the left. Sean's is to the right. We both love our tattoos and they turned out really cool.


After getting our tattoos, we went to Quaker's Steak and Lube. I guess there are a few of them in the country, but we got all you can eat wings for $14.99. We got Ranch, Mild, BBQ, and Asian. They were soooo good!


After we ate we went back to the hotel and we slept. We were up and on the road by 8 am and finally got home at around 9:30 last night. We ate Walmart Subs and Wendy's on the way home.


On a twelve hour road trip, I experienced a lot of new things that I haven't had the opportunity to experience before. It was really cool to get to experience them.

Here they are:

Eating Sushi
Eating Jack In the Box
Eating Bob Evans
Seeing the Arch
12 Hour Road Trip
Being in Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, and Kentucky
Touching a Crab
Getting a Tattoo
Sleeping in a King Sized Bed


We ended up spending 100 dollars less than what we budgeted.

Item                   Budgeted        Spent

Gas                         300             294
Hotel                      300             268
Food                       175             198
Misc.                      150               65

                               925               825  

We were over on food, but way under on misc. So I think we did really great on our spending. It was a really great trip and we had a ton of fun, but glad to be back in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10