Monday, May 12, 2014

Big Thanks Goes tooo..

UNL: For setting up the trip, making sure everything went okay, and giving me a $750 scholarship!
Dr. Curry: For putting up with all of us crazy college kids for 3 weeks!
Robin Anderson: Who printed the letters for me to send out informing everyone about my trip and requesting a little help.
Gage County M.A.P.S. coalition for donating envelopes and labels for the letters.

Some of the Money Donors:
Kiwanis                                                     Verla Light
Grandma Jan and Grandpa Roger                Grandpa Earl and Grandma Vera
Grandma Cindy                                         Grandma Judy and Grandpa Gene
Roger and Dianne Aveyard                         Dawn Kendall
Roger and Jane Aden                                  Ernie and Jan
Bette and Marvin                                       Janice Waltke
Diane and Doug Swanson                           Troy Kendall
Mom and Dad                                            Pat May

Everyone who bought cookies from me, helped me with my letters, and supported me along the way!
Grandma Ida, Jessie and Dennis, Dad and Robin Anderson: for donating some extra stuff for the garage sale which was a HUGE help for getting the money for the trip.
A special thanks to Matt. Who helped me lick envelopes, place stamps, and supported me when he wasn't exactly excited for me. Thank you so much for unconditionally supporting the things I do. (:
Also, a huge thanks to my parents for supporting me with a little bit of worry. I wouldn't know what to do without you guys!



Now, I am getting to the packing point. I have less than a week left before my trip and I am extremely excited.

Things I am excited about:
Seeing the old architecture                            Making new friends
Taking MILLIONS of pictures                      African Safari
Wine Tasting                                               Staying with another family
Going out on the town with the girls               The sights
The experiences that I will come back with      Learning about the military of the country
Learning more about differences in culture


Things I am nervous about:
A LONNNG flight                                          Forgetting something important at home
Not knowing what to do                                  Something going wrong while I am away
Making a fool of myself because of culture differences
Being away from home (Crazy, since I have been gone for 11 weeks straight.)
Missing America                                              Realizing how "American" I am
Not being able to speak some of the language


I am so excited, but also very nervous about this trip. It is going to be chilly.. but I am extremely nervous about not packing the right things for the country's weather. I am trying to pack some warm weather clothes and some cold weather clothes. I don't want to pack my winter coat, but I don't want to be without it if we need it..

I am very excited to see all of the pictures that come from this experience as well as the fun memories that are there! I can't wait to share this experience with all my loved ones! Thank you so much!

Thank you everyone, for your love and support.
In just a week, I will have landed in this beautiful country and be spending my time learning and having fun.



If you have missed some of my South African experience so far! Check out this link to read the rest. http://tragicbeautifulthingcalledlife.blogspot.com/search/label/South%20Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10