Friday, February 15, 2013

Best FREE Iphone apps!

Ok. So I know not everyone can afford/ have an iPhone, but that is truly my one big splurge that keeps me organized and happy. I LOVE my iPhone and everything I can do from it because I really don't need a laptop anymore, but I still love my laptop (convenience when writing my blog)
  One of my good friends said this would be something I could write about since my phone is nearly ALWAYS in my hand.




Here are the best:
  • Pinterest- I am a VERY strong advocate.. (As you know if you have read any of the other blog posts), but I like my pinterest app because I spend a lot of time waiting (doctors, car rides and such) and it is great. It's also great for when I am in the kitchen to pull up that recipe I pinned.
  • MyFitnessPal- being in the military, I need to stay fit and eat right. I use this to track my calories every day and figure out just how many I am eating/losing. It may not be 100% accurate. But kind of knowing is better that not knowing at all
  • SnapChat- Just because my conversations with people thru pictures can be HILARIOUS! It also makes sending pictures easier because picture messages don't always go thru for me.
  • Weekly Ads- I mentioned this one in the grocery shopping post. It is great for looking at all of the grocery store sales and it makes price matching and grocery planning super easy for me. 
  • Quick Scan- This is a good app for when you are walking around Wal-mart and you realize that you forgot something on your list (shampoo, soap, toilet paper) but you don't have the ads with you. You scan the bar code of the product and it will search the internet for a lower price. Sometimes you have to be careful though. If it doesn't seem realistic, it probably isn't true. 
  • Allwomenstalk- It is a great app for random things. It is a blog with some great post. It has different posts about hair, food, exercise. A lot of my pins have come from that website. So it is great to read them sometimes.
  • CaloriesBurned- It has so many things that you do daily, kind of interesting to mess with sometimes. I learned that at 150 lbs. I burn 472 calories when I get 8 hours of sleep. That is just about 1 calorie per minute. No wonder health experts say you should get a good nights rest (:
  • Flashlight- Duh. I use this more than I should, just because I don't have the screen on my phone very bright. I have had to use this at work when looking for something in our shed, or when I come home from work and everyone else is asleep. sometimes I use it just because I am too lazy to turn the lights on. 
  • Blogger- Of course this made the list. This makes posting my blog super easy. All of the pictures I use are taken from my phone and uploaded straight from it using the app. (10x easier than trying to connect my phone and save the picture, then find it in my files on my computer.) Nobody's got time for that! (:
    Okay, well there are the greatest productivity apps that I use. Many of them are fun and information, but mostly it is just more time that I waste on my phone when I could be doing so many other things. But that's okay. I LOVE my iPhone. 

     Anyone else have other apps that they really love for their iPad/iPhone/iPod?? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10