Thursday, July 31, 2014

5 Things YOU can do to THANK A BLOGGER!

Sometimes, even if people are reading your blog, and you have page views on them, It can still feel like you are talking to a wall. If no one is mentioning your blog or sharing it with their friends, it can start to feel pretty lonely.
   Even if you aren't talking to a wall, it can the the idea that it isn't very interesting, or no one found your tips that you were offering helpful.

There is a lot of up and coming with blog writing being more popular, but a lot people don't seem to understand exactly how to appreciate the blog! I read another blog post similar to this one and it inspired me to get it out to my audience as well. I thought the way the other blogger wrote it was very insitful and I had never thought about it as people not really knowing what goes into putting together a blog.
     This is probably the think I spend a bigger chunk of my time doing. I spend a good amount of time thinking of ideas for blog posts. If I am not writing it, I am trying to get the perfect pictures for my blog. Or creating cool logos in Photoshop or other such things. There is a lot of little things that go into a well put together blog.




5 Things You Can Do To Thank A Blogger!

1. Subscribe to their blog
   This is obviously one of the ways that you can really show your appreciation. When you subscribe to their blog, you can get the link to their posts after they post, so you will never miss a single thing! This can be annoying if you already get a ton of emails, or you don't check it regularly. If you don't want to subscribe to the blog itself, follow them on Facebook, Pinterest, or where ever they post the links to their blog! That way you can always check them out!

2. Leave a comment
   This seems to be one of the hardest things for people to do. Comments can do a lot for a blog. They can provide encouragement, constructive criticism, or other great ideas. Since I read another person's blog, I have made it a pact to comment on at least one post every time I visit someone else's blog. This way I show I was there, thank them for their post, ask them a question or make a comment, but I also connect my blog t
o that comment so they can check out what I write.
   This is really great because I have had my blog for almost a year and a half. I have over 80 posts on my blog, but only I have only ever had 6 comments one any post. I would love to see this number go up. It also gives a great idea to the blogger of who is reading their blog and where their traffic is coming from!

3. Share it on Pinterest
   Everyone knows how quickly social media works. If one person posts something, then their friend posts something about it with the link then all of their friends see it... so on and so on.. You understand my point. One of the biggest satisfactions of a blogger is seeing that a lot of people read it. One of my posts had over 300 views on that post alone. I didn't think it was that great of a post compared to some of my other ones, but it is a good feeling to know that people shared it so much that it got that many views. I appreciate everyone who repins and shares my blog on Facebook. Your explanations don't have to be as long as mine, they can be as simple as "Check this Out!" or something to that affect.
    Also, If you see my pin on Pinterest, even if you have already read my blog, it would be great if you could share that with other people! Especially if you like the post a lot.

4. Exit a page through one of the ads on their page
  People who don't blog don't really understand this concept because it is kinda hard for some bloggers to understand as well. When a blog has ads on the side, they are usually getting paid for those blogs. Mine are PPC or Pay Per Click. This simply means that for every person who clicks on an ad, I get a little money from it for the advertising. Let me tell you, it really doesn't amount to much, but it is cool to see all that work pay off, even if it is 50 cents. I definitely don't blog for the money, but that is why I started when I originally started this blog. Im still really struggling for some more ways to get that great traffic to my blog.

5. Tell other people about their blog!
   Easiest way to share something is to tell other people to check it out. This sounds really simple, but how many times do you say, well I saw this thing on pinterest. Instead, what about saying "I saw this thing on a blog called.... "" You should check it out.
   Even if they don't check it out right away. Sometimes they will stumble across it later and it will click that they have heard about the blog before. Then they will go looking for the post that they heard about.



Blogging isn't for other people, at least when I do it. I like to write a lot anyway, but I sometimes struggle with it. I hope this helps people see the customs of bloggers. The more time I spend on other blog sites, the more I am learning about my own blog!

I hope to improve my blog for all of my readers as I work on it in the future!



Can you think of another way to thank a blogger that I didn't mention? Let me know!?
Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10