Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Easiest Shredded Chicken EVER!

I have spent a lot of time on Pinterest in the last few weeks trying to figure out what to make for supper. I always like having a good idea of the next few days and it is much easier to do all the grocery shopping at once!

  Last week, I made some chicken pot pie filling that called for cooked, shredded chicken and realized that this is one of the most versatile things that you can make in bulk and have on hand for unplanned lazy nights.
   With the shredded chicken, we have made Pot Pies, enchiladas, and BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, but the possibilities are endless.


First I threw the chicken breasts in the crockpot with enough water to cover the bottom of the crockpot. I cooked them on low for about 2-3 hours.
Once they were done, I took them out and put them in the fridge for a little while so they could cool off. 

Once they were completely cool, I took them out and shredded them with my hands. I put a little bit of salt in with it and put it in a tuperware container and put it in the fridge. 


The possibilities are really endless with shredded chicken and it is super easy to freeze and save for later!

Do you make yours a different way? What recipes do you use shredded chicken in?  Please share with me!
Check it out for other Tasty Tuesdays every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10