Friday, February 22, 2013

Workout From Home

      There are definitely days that I just don't want to get all the way dressed just to go to the gym. Some days I would rather just stay in my shorts and workout from my bedroom/living room. Especially on the days like this week with snow on the ground and it being so cold outside.
     Because I am in the military, I attempt to do SOMETHING physical everyday. Plus I would really love to get to my goal weight! I'm pretty close, but not quite there.

     These are some of my favorite online workouts that I have found through pinterest mostly. A lot of them are quick and easy target workouts and most take no more than 10 minutes.

    This is my rating scale for workouts: 

  • 1- It was easy, fast, and I kind of felt it, 
  • 2- It was fast, but I was feeling it where I should, and felt it the next day.
  • 3- It took a little more time, but it was worth it!
  • 4- It was a full work out, but not the most challenging thing I've done
  • 5- It was a full work out and it was worth every second.


Legs:

This is such a great leg/butt workout. I have done it a few times and you can really feel it half way thru it. I would recommend doing this as a warm up before a run or some cardio even. I would up the reps or do the entire workout 2x a day (morning and night) to see results. It is good because it works every muscle in your legs with 5 or 6 quick exercises.
I would rate this a 1. I felt it in my legs, but it didn't leave me sore or stiff.
http://backonpointe.tumblr.com/post/24907237515


Abs:
This workout is intense. Even one round of this would be a good start to getting your abs back to where you want them to be after a huge meal. I like this because it keeps it varied. There are no boring crunches and you aren't just laying on the floor. I hate floor workouts because it is so easy to just lay down and stop for a while instead of keeping the intensity up.
I would rate this a 1 if you are only doing one round, but a 3 if you are doing 3 or 4 rounds like the video suggests.
http://blondeponytail.com/2012/07/gnc-summer-series-ab-attack/

This is a standing ab workout. I haven't actually done this one yet, but it is 10 minutes and it looks really good. It is multiple exercises and the video talks you thru it.
I would rate this a 3 based on watching just the video. It is a little longer, but it is worth the time because it is multiple exercises and the best part. NO CRUNCHES! and NO FLOOR WORKOUTS!
/http://toriteachesfitness.com/2012/06/03/standing-abs/



Full Body Workout:
This 4 minute workout is suppose to burn as many calories as a 40-60 minute run. While I personally have doubts that it is THAT great. The workout is good for 4 minutes. It left me winded, but not sore and tired. I would probably do it a couple times a day to burn a sufficient amount of calories. It does get your heart rate up and it is good for the days when you don't have a ton of time to workout but you still want to get your heart rate up..
I would rate this a 2. It was super short, but I was actually feeling it the next day.
http://eatright-staybright.tumblr.com/post/7188718242/worlds-fastest-workout-burns-as-many



      I also enjoy my wii fit or rough housing with my dog for just something. There are also really great zumba videos on youtube that are good for a quick workout. While this is all said, I still LOVE going to the gym. I am a big fan of the Y to go swimming. Just the other day Sean and I swam back and forth in the pool for an hour and fifteen minutes! Crazy! But I also love racquetball and shooting hoops with the occasional weight session! But I am going stir crazy to just get outside and run. These are just a few things that are worth checking out. Good Luck and Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10