Friday, February 8, 2013

Juicing

            Woo! Thank you dad for this awesome juicer!
      Today, I wanted to share about Sean's and my latest "healthy lifestyle change." I hate calling them diets because to me that means short lived.. except most of our tries have been short lived... so... Oh well.

      How many of you readers have Netflix? Probably most of you, Right? Okay. Well I recommend you watching the documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead."  My dad recommended it to us, and now I am suggesting it to you.

    It is about a guy who has a very rare disease, but is also overweight. I believe he starts at 370ish lbs. (Don't quote me on that part... Its been a few days since I watched this..)
     This documentary is about his trip cross country during his 60 days of detoxing cleans by JUST drinking juice. He has a juicer in the back of his van and he goes around to farmer's markets and different places talking to  people about juicing. Along the way he meets a ton of people that say they could never be able to do it, as well as two or three people who actually commit to doing it for the 10 day challenge.
    Not to ruin the ending, but he loses a ton of weight and is taken off all of his medication for the rare disease. *GASP*


      So.. After watching this and talking to my dad, (and my dad giving us a juicer) Sean and I decided that we would start to replace just one meal with it. Breakfast is the easiest because the fruit juices are so much better than all of the vegetables.

Here is my breakfast:


(A big handful of Purple and green Grapes, 1 Orange, 1/4 of a tomato)
Now, I am sure you are thinking that looks really gross. It's actually not! The tomato left almost no flavor it the final product so it tastes like orange and grape juice. Yum.

Plus, it leaves you with a TON of energy and leaves me feeling full after I finish it.

I have drill this weekend for the National Guard, but as soon as I get back from drill Sean and I are hoping to start the 10 day challenge of only juicing for ten days, with no actual food. *Fingers Crossed!*


Okay, so my next post probably won't be until Sunday night, unless I decide to do it from my phone tomorrow night in the barracks, but I probably will just crash tomorrow night after a full day of who knows what I will be doing tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10