Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Birthday Pancakes!


          Sorry Everyone! I have been sick the last two days. I have the worst headache/ sinus infection. But today is Sean's birthday, so I had no choice but to get up and to get outta bed. I have made huge plans for his birthday.
    Last year I made fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. It failed. The chicken was slightly raw, the potatoes were kinda lumpy.
   I'm not really that great of a cook. Actually.. I hate cooking. It is because of websites such as pinterest that give me a picture of what it should look like at the end. Well.. My food never looks like the picture.

So this year for his birthday.. I tried to make Birthday Cake Pancakes from this Blog. 
http://penniesonaplatter.com/2012/08/15/birthday-cake-pancakes/

Well.. They didn't turn out looking anything like those ones. 
And THIS. This is why I hate cooking.. 




1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cake mix (homemade or the box kind)
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup (1.75 oz bottle) sprinkles

























Okay. So first you are suppose to mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another. (Except the sprinkles) Then pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ones, and after well mixed fold the sprinkles into the batter.


<<<<Like this 


Then cook like normal pancakes.





So in the end, they turn out looking like this. 
Cute I guess, but you can't tell the sprinkles are even in them. Nothing like the picture. 
And I would just give up hope on the icing, because ours turned out really gross. 
Maybe just use frosting?

On the plus side, the sausage was really good, But other than that I would call this Pinterest idea another fail. Sorry Sean, other birthday meal failed, but that's okay. I still have supper tonight to hopefully make up for it. (I'll let everyone in on what I did for that tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10