Monday, February 25, 2013

Ohio Trip, Day One.

     Now, Sean and I are on vacation.. But I thought I would tell you how everything is going. Day by Day I am going to try to fill in the details of my first vacation without my parents.. EEK!.
   
Day One.
   We were up at 2 am. We had a lot more to do than we thought we did before we left. This morning we had to finish packing up the car with our clothing and some of the other food. We finally were filling up on gas at 3 this morning and were on the road by 3:10.

   Once we hit the road, I was OUT! Sean was the best boyfriend ever because he drove almost the entire way today. I am so happy that I have him.
     We stopped at Iron Skillet in Oak Grove for breakfast at around 6:30 to stretch and drive. It wasn't great, but it wasn't awful. BACON! (can you believe I was a vegetarian for a year and a half! HOLY COW!)


      Then, after the GPS completely messed up the route we planned to take, we ended up in St. Louis. We decided that we would stop to see the Arch and even go to the top.




    To the left is a picture of the pods that you take up to the top. Can you believe that FIVE people
fit in that pod! UGH!
       It was so cool. There was someone who had written "Marry Me?" in the snow and took their other half up to the top to see it. That was pretty cool. It was GORGEOUS and so worth the detour.

      Here are some awesome pictures from the top! I love the picture of the lake. The shadow of the arch is visible in the picture. As a wanna be photographer, I thought it was awesome.


<<< Picture number one together! (: at 630 feet above ground!



      As we were walking away from the arch there was a statue standing there with a Christian flag. I kept looking at it, but I couldn't quite figure it out because he just looked odd. Finally. Sean said  "If he waves back, I would crap my pants." and waved at it and as Sean was turning around, I was like, "Baby.. It waved..." I was so freaked out. I didn't know what to do or say. I just started giggling like a little girl because I was so freaked out.

The roads leading up to the arch looked soo cool. They were brick, but Sean thought that they were granite carved out into bricks because they were too hard to be brick.

   We ended up going to Jack in the Box for lunch in a small town right by the arch because we were hungry and we had never eaten there. It wasn't great, but we were full and back on the road. After that the only stops were for gas, water, and potty breaks. We arrived at the hotel at 8 pm because of the detours.  We didn't end up going to Lincoln's tomb or the Indianapolis Speedway, because of the detour.
     When we got there we ordered pizza to our room and unloaded our stuff from the car. We spent some time relaxing in the Jacuzzi (in our room!) and then we crashed! We were both out so fast. It was a long day, but it was so worth it. I am excited for the days in the trip ahead..



























No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10